Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad connect to localhost with Lion 10.7.3?

I'm running a copy of Wordpress on my localhost using MAMP.

It's running perfectly and I can access my install via http://localhost:8888/wordpress/ without any problems.

I've read elsewhere that I should be able to connect to this install via my wireless network using my iPad/iPhone by going to:

IP:PORT/wordpress >>> ie/ 192.168.1.7:8888/wordpress

However this doesn't seem to work - I keep getting a Safari 'Cannot Open Page' error...

I'm running Lion 10.7.3 on the macmini and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

Thanks!

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 22, 2012 7:48 AM

1 reply

May 22, 2012 8:42 PM in response to simonw85

To determine your IP address you can view it in System Preferences -> Network and select Ethernet or Wireless depending on your configuration. The connected interfaces will have a green dot indicating a connected status.

User uploaded file

Alternatively, if you are good comfortable with Terminal Application you can try the following:

Make sure the IP address you are connecting to is correct by going to the MAMP server and running:

ifconfig |grep inet |grep -v inet6

This should give a list of your ip addresses such as

inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000 inet 10.0.1.110 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.0.1.255

With your ipad you will connect, in my case, to "http://10.0.1.110:8888/wordpress/" without the quotes. Do not use the 127.0.0.1 address on your ipad. You look like you may already understand this and were using 192.168.1.7 but it doesn't hurt to double check.

If that doesn't resolve the problem go into "System Preferences" -> "Security"

User uploaded file

Select the firewall tab and click "Turn Off Firewall" for the duration of this test. Turn the firewall back on as it protects your computer.

Then try to connect from you iPad again and it should work.

If that does not it may mean the web server is not listening on the correct interface. If the above does not work there are many other paths.

You did turn on your firewall, correct?

iPad connect to localhost with Lion 10.7.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.