Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro has a white screen and is basically not allowing me to do anything.

My sisters macbook pro has a blank white/grey screen for some reason. We have been at school all day, we come home to find a small dent on the right of the trackpad, but the laptop had been closed all day. I have already looked at other peoples discussions talking about restarting and putting the Mac OS disc to reinstall and things like that... But the laptop is not allowing me to eject, or put anything in it. I have clicked on all different combination of buttons but still the white/grey screen. There is a disturbing whurring sound when the laptop starts up, almost like a small scratching noise and something has definetley been broken. I put the charger in and the small light goes orange teling us its not completley done for.

Has this happened to anyone else before?!

And we really need some HELP !! 😕😟

Posted on May 22, 2012 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2012 11:20 AM

It sounds like maybe the laptop suffered a hard hit somehow and the HD is not being read. Sound like a trip to the Apple store would help diagnose this further.

2 replies

Macbook pro has a white screen and is basically not allowing me to do anything.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.