Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto print question

I have a 3:2 aspect ratio image that I want to prnt on 8 x 10 paper. In iPhoto, when I use File>Print, the resulting landscape print maximizes the use of the paper area, leaving a small equal border of white all around, but loses the true width of the image while expanding the height in order to fill the paper height.

What I want is a print that shows the whole 3:2 image, which would leave a wider border along the top and bottom. I can do this in Aperture, but can't see what to do in iPhoto to get the same print.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4), 4GB RAM

Posted on May 22, 2012 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2012 12:19 PM

Pardon the editorial, but this should help:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3673327

8 replies

May 22, 2012 3:19 PM in response to LarryHN

This solved it for me! Thanks.

But it illustrates what's so wrong with Apple's help files. It seems to me that it is unituitive to think about right-clicking on an image, and this method was totally missing from the help panels on Customize. Is there some Apple UI practice that says it's OK to throw in a right-click when the developer feels like it??

Iphoto print question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.