Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you delete playlists off of the iCloud?!?

For some reason there are over 1000+ playlists entitle "Reggae" on my iTunes ever since I purchased Match and I've never created a single new reggae playlist nor have I had a single song any of them? I've spent hours trying to delete the playlists one by one because you can't delete multiple playlists at a time. For some reason it appears that my countless hours of deleting have not helped one bit. Please help somebody!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 22, 2012 2:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2012 11:05 AM

I am having the exact same problem and sadly I do not have a solution yet. I have countless playlists entitled "testus" which I never created. It is causing my iTunes program to be unusable after just a few minutes. I have the newst software on a new 27 inch iMac. Everything is up-to-date and I have tried everything that I can think of, including cache cleaning and deleting .plists etc. I hope one of us finds a solution. If I figure out anything I will get right back to this discussion.

I keep thinking of this in terms of iCloud, but iTunes Match is the problem...

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2012 11:05 AM in response to miketoddsmith01

I am having the exact same problem and sadly I do not have a solution yet. I have countless playlists entitled "testus" which I never created. It is causing my iTunes program to be unusable after just a few minutes. I have the newst software on a new 27 inch iMac. Everything is up-to-date and I have tried everything that I can think of, including cache cleaning and deleting .plists etc. I hope one of us finds a solution. If I figure out anything I will get right back to this discussion.

I keep thinking of this in terms of iCloud, but iTunes Match is the problem...

May 24, 2012 2:58 PM in response to miketoddsmith01

Hi Mike. I fixed it! 🙂 I do not know what caused the playlist problem in the first place so I do not know if the problem will return. However, my iTunes with iTunes Match activated, is now working correctly again. I ended up using a program that I downloaded from the App Store called TrackSift. It is only $1.99. It did not work right away because I kept getting an error message stating that it could not connect to iTunes. I rebooted - launched TrackSift - then launched iTunes and waited until iTunes had loaded correctly. Then I hit the "Clean" tab in TrackSift - then I hit - Delete Empty Playlists. Once it started I left my computer alone and let the program do its thing. It took almost two hours to work because it found 65514 empty playlists. That number is correct 65 thousand empty playlists.... that obviously I did not create. This must be an iCloud/iTunes Match problem. I am just glad that the solution only cost me 2 bucks and about 15 hours of crazy frustration.

I hope it works for you as well.

How do you delete playlists off of the iCloud?!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.