Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After downloading the upgrade and start the installation it gets all the way to registering and gives me the following message: Module E:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\IDetector.ocx failed to register. HRESULT -2147024894. Contact your support personnel.

After downloading the upgrade and start the installation it gets all the way to registering and gives me the following message: Module E:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\IDetector.ocx failed to register. HRESULT -2147024894. Contact your support personnel. My choices are Abort Retry Ignore. Abort rolls back everything, Retry ends up with the same error message. I haven't tried ignore because I am worried about problems.

HP-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on May 22, 2012 3:16 PM

1 reply

Feb 25, 2013 3:04 PM in response to debbie5558

same here.

use a windows user with limited right to start setup.

also trying to install to a non-local, mapped drive on a nas.

after start setup and click install, I use a local user to grant admin rights

if I try to "run as admin" I do not have my mapped drive.

I now copied the iTunes folder from network to local, and de-&installed - that worked.

But no the solution, I would expect from "the cloud" apple.

As this worked in the past, it is clearly an new problem by itunes 11.

iTunes64Setup v11.0.2.26

Win 7 Ultimate x64

After downloading the upgrade and start the installation it gets all the way to registering and gives me the following message: Module E:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\IDetector.ocx failed to register. HRESULT -2147024894. Contact your support personnel.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.