Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP:after burning cd from itunes pc crashes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello everybody,

im not very good on computers so done a quick search through previous forums and couldnt see one like this..
my pc and iPod work fine no problems at all for playing back music ,editing,listening the whole lot except when i put in the blank cd and go to burn playlist.
it actually burns the cd fine but as soon as its done the screen goes black than a blue screen comes up saying my computer is recovering from a serious error.
beginning dump of memory or something similar this happens everytime.
i just hit the power button and start up again and everything is fine,anyone know what causes this?
my p.c is a packard bell about 5months old now and as i said everything else is fine.i done the "send error report" and they came back with no answers so its up to the experts on here i think!

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance
dave.

packard bell imedia mc1607, Windows XP

Posted on Mar 10, 2006 5:15 AM

1 reply

Mar 10, 2006 9:05 AM in response to dave_rs

dave_rs,

That would be a bluescreen of death. This is frequently caused by a virus, spyware, or a driver conflict of some kind.

If you've done a virus scan and nothing's turned up, let's capture a minidump of the crash and send it to the Apple engineers to analyze.

To set up your machine to capture a minidump, right click on "My Computer", select "Properties", select the "Advanced" tab, select the "Startup and Recovery" Settings button, select "small memory dump" from the popup. When it crashes, look for the MiniDump file. It's usually in the folder "C:\WINDOWS\Minidump" and is called something like Mini<number>-<number>.dmp.

And then send it to the apple moderator. Tell her Toonz sent you. It doesn't hurt to put the URL to this discussion thread, so that whoever gets it has some context.

HELP:after burning cd from itunes pc crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.