Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Discoloration/burn in at bottom of Early 2011 MBP display

Hi all -

There seems to be some discoloration or burn it at the bottom of my display - it's a bar that extends across the bottom of my screen and just slightly up either side. I tried to take a picture of it but it doesn't really work well. When the screen is on, but dark (say, netflix or a darker game), it appears faded.

Anyway, I am wondering what this is, if it is an easily resolvable issue, and whether it would be covered by the 1-year limited warranty? I'm out in rural VT, so I can't take it to an apple store without driving an hour or so (at least) - can Apple Authorized Repair places do warranty repairs?

Thanks!!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 22, 2012 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2012 7:25 PM

You'll probably want to contact apple via phone or email and find out the answers to those questions.

In the mean time, here's a link to a discussion not to long ago that sounds like your issue and with photos so you can see if it's the same problem.

I'm pretty sure the MacBook in the other discussion is the same as yours.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2793446?answerId=15402630022#15402630022

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2012 7:25 PM in response to allawayr

You'll probably want to contact apple via phone or email and find out the answers to those questions.

In the mean time, here's a link to a discussion not to long ago that sounds like your issue and with photos so you can see if it's the same problem.

I'm pretty sure the MacBook in the other discussion is the same as yours.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2793446?answerId=15402630022#15402630022

Discoloration/burn in at bottom of Early 2011 MBP display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.