4 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2012 3:52 PM by galaxy7
galaxy7 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

So somehow I ended up with the wife's contacts on iCloud and now they are on all my devices. When I go to Groups on either device, I see "my phone", "wife's phone", and "all contacts". How do I delete the wife's phone from iCloud so that it's completely gone?  I tried plugging the phone into the computer and syncing with iTunes manually, but that still didn't work. That contact group was unchecked, but it's still there.

• Winston Churchill Level 10 Level 10 (84,595 points)

Sounds like you might be sharing an iCloud account. Ideally you should each have your own, then you can keep your data separate.

• galaxy7 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

We share the same iTunes account; have always synced to the same account pre-iCloud with no problems. Since iCloud, I have never backed up her phone or anything to iCloud. Have never merged her stuff to the cloud at all; it's not even turned on on her phone so I have no idea how her contact book got there.

So...any idea how to delete it?

• Winston Churchill Level 10 Level 10 (84,595 points)

Before attempting to delete her data, you should find out why it is there. You may find that once you delete it you also delete it from all her other devices. If iCloud is not enabled on her phone, what about your computer, are her contacts etc on a computer which is using this iCloud account.

• galaxy7 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Finding out why it's there or how to delete it has exceeded my technical level; I cannot figure out either one.  I don't have icloud access from my imac because I don't have the required update, and I am positive icloud is not turned on on her phone.