Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have tried manually removing itunes and reinstalling. i have gone through the sevices anf tried turning on the AMDS. i have tried turning off the firewall. i have tried restoring my device. i have tried "fixing" the AMDS in the add/remove programs.

I have tried manually removing itunes and reinstalling. i have gone through the sevices anf tried turning on the AMDS. i have tried turning off the firewall. i have tried restoring my device. i have tried "fixing" the AMDS in the add/remove programs. I have tried using a different device. i have tried using a different cable. I have tried all of the steps given in the link supplied by Apple. None of these things have fixed my problem. I still have the Error Message "The Apple Mobile Device Service started then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs or Alerts service. I am using Windows XP. I am leaning towards a last resort which would be to wipe my hard drive and start from scratch. Does anyone have a solution?

iPhone 3GS (8GB), Windows XP, itunes sync problem

Posted on May 22, 2012 10:22 PM

There are no replies.

I have tried manually removing itunes and reinstalling. i have gone through the sevices anf tried turning on the AMDS. i have tried turning off the firewall. i have tried restoring my device. i have tried "fixing" the AMDS in the add/remove programs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.