Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I Reinstall iWork from the Mac App Store

My trial for pages ran out, it asked for a serial number, I clicked through to "purchase a serial number" which prompted me to purchase 'pages' for $20.

After waiting for it to install I tried you use it, again it prompted me for a serial number, I checked my email and one had not been sent. I then found an online support page that asked me to move all the 'iwork' files into the 'trash' the reinstall iwork from the app store. I have removed placed all the iwork '09 files into the trash and now I cannot figure out how to reinstall I work onto my computer. I'm sure the answer may be obvious but I have never used a mac before today.

I have purchased pages

I have installed pages

I cannot use pages without a serial number

I deleted the iwork files

I need to reinstall iwork somehow

Mac Pro

Posted on May 23, 2012 5:36 AM

1 reply

May 23, 2012 6:28 AM in response to Yannai

Apple used to distribute iWork (Pages, Numbers, and Keynote) as a demo which could be turned into the commercial product by buying a serial number. (It also sold a boxed version.) But about a year ago Apple opened its App Store and began selling iWork applications there while still making the demo available online. Recently Apple removed the demo version making the App Store the only way to buy the programs.

You appear to be in a Catch 22 situation. It appears that you've purchased a serial number for iWork but deleted the demo from your computer and don't have the original demo installer. Did you ever get a serial number from Apple or did you get an email receipt from Apple? If so, you'll need to contact AppleCare about either getting a URL from Apple so you can download the program and apply the serial number or get that purchase canceled so you can purchase it from the App Store.

App Store purchases are easy. There's a program on your Mac called App Store. Run it and under the Store menu select Sign In. When you bought your new Mac you created an Apple ID, its the same ID you used to logon here to ask your question. After you've logged in and established how you will pay, just search for Pages and click on the Purchase button. The program will be downloaded to your computer and no serial number will be needed.

How do I Reinstall iWork from the Mac App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.