Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to avoid iPad apps to sync onto my iPhone?

I just bought an iPad and am wondering, if I use the same account will it sync iPad apps that I will buy for it onto my iPhone via iCloud? At the momet we're running a macbook and 2 iPhones (nmine and my partner's) on the same account and apps one of us urchases sync automatically onto the other phone using iCloud. If I now use the same account to download iPad apps, that won't run on the iPhones, will iCloud still put them on the phones? Trying to avoid polluting our phones with apps that can't run on them.... can you advise?

Posted on May 23, 2012 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2012 7:39 AM

They will only install on the iPhone if you have automatic downloads turned 'on' for apps on the phone (Settings > Store) - and even if you have it turned 'on' only those apps which are compatible will be installed (so if they are iPad only apps or if you don't have the relevant iOS version on the iPhone they won't be installed).

You may also want to turn off automatic syncing for apps when connected to your computer's iTunes (there should be a tick box on the device's Apps tab when connected to it).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2012 7:39 AM in response to l2rich

They will only install on the iPhone if you have automatic downloads turned 'on' for apps on the phone (Settings > Store) - and even if you have it turned 'on' only those apps which are compatible will be installed (so if they are iPad only apps or if you don't have the relevant iOS version on the iPhone they won't be installed).

You may also want to turn off automatic syncing for apps when connected to your computer's iTunes (there should be a tick box on the device's Apps tab when connected to it).

How to avoid iPad apps to sync onto my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.