Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

security questions

I downloaded an app the other day, and when asked for my password, sent me to a form for security questions. It asked for a rescue email address. Now I have an email with a link to confirm the email address...is this legit??

Posted on May 23, 2012 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2012 9:14 AM

Yes, this is part of Apple's increased security. The email gives you a backup email in case the primary email is down or lost. But Apple needs to verify that it is your email and that you are making the change in your account.

6 replies

Feb 19, 2016 1:20 AM in response to satoto99

satoto99 wrote:

Help me please,

I cant see the sentence :"Forgot the answer? Change your security question" in website when i wanna change it

I forgot all of my security question and answer so please reset and send to me as soon as possible.

Apple ID: ****

Thank you so much.

You should never post your personal information (email) on a public forum.

To reset your security questions, you will need to contact Apple first since it is your very private security questions. Just visit this link below to contact them for resetting your Apple ID or security questions, also make sure to tell them this is for your Apple ID issue and not for anything else or you may get transferred over to AppleCare where you will get charged.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204169

security questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.