Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No iWork folder in Library/Application Support...

I discovered this when I tried to save a custom template in Pages. What should I do- reinstall Pages? Any suggestions welcome!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on May 23, 2012 7:47 AM

15 replies

May 23, 2012 10:08 AM in response to ka1eye

When you choose to save as a template Pages should automatically create the appropriate folders if they don't already exist. Thereafter, Pages will default to the templates folder each time you choose File > Save as Template.

My first thought was that you're not looking in the correct Library. Since you're using Lion that is almost certainly the case since the user library is hidden in Lion. In Finder, hold down the Option key while clicking on the Go menu & your users Library will appear about halfway down the list.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

May 25, 2012 12:19 AM in response to Peggy

Hi Peggy, thanks for this.. I'm still stuck though because Pages isn't automatically saving but taking me to where I last saved something- my documents folder. This means Pages can't see my template... Should I perhaps just create my own folder in the Library? In which case how should it look? best, ka1eye

May 25, 2012 8:28 AM in response to fruhulda

Hi fruhulda, what I'm doing is creating a document with fonts/margins etc how I want them, I'm then going to file and clicking on save as a template. It's at this point that pages takes me to the last place I saved a file- which is in my documents. I suppose I can just keep opening from there, but I want to be able to open a new file and have my template as an option... I (although this is another question) also want to be able to access my template on my ipad...

Thanks, so much for your help! ka1eye

May 25, 2012 8:57 AM in response to ka1eye

It usually does not do it like that. What you have to do is to find the right location Users > your name > Library > Application Support in the Save as template window. From here on Pages will create need folder if they doesn't exist. I don't have the system Lion so I can't say what you see in the Save as Template window. This is what it looks like on Snow Leopard. The word Bibliotek is Library in english.

User uploaded file

How to get the template on the iPad is something I can't help you with. You probably have to save it as a document and upload it to iCloud and iPad will download it if you have set it up and you can probably save as template on the iPad.

The uploading to iCloud is described in several threads in this forum and rest you have to go to the iWork for iOs forum. This is the Pages (for Macs) forum.

No iWork folder in Library/Application Support...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.