Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 won't charge

My Ipad won't charge while connected to my Dell laptop. It's recognized in iTunes, and I changed the properties so it isn't recognized as a camera. Why is't it working?

iPad 2

Posted on May 23, 2012 10:48 AM

2 replies

May 23, 2012 10:49 AM in response to kara289

A lot of computers don't provide enough power to their USB ports to charge the iPad at a sufficient rate, so the wall charger is usually the most efficient way to charge the iPad. From http://www.apple.com/batteries/ipad.html :

The quickest way to charge your iPad is with the included 10W USB Power Adapter. iPad will also charge, although more slowly, when attached to a computer with a high-power USB port (many recent Mac computers) or with an iPhone Power Adapter. When attached to a computer via a standard USB port (most PCs or older Mac computers) iPad will charge, but only when it's in sleep mode. Make sure your computer is on while charging iPad via USB.

iPad 2 won't charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.