Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virus without jailbreak

Hi, I have a iphone 4 and a virus attacked him. The virus displays advertisements and I don't have a jailbreak. What can I do?

Hola, tengo un iPhone 4 y un día me apareció de la nada una pantalla de publicidad. No tengo istalado un jailbreak.

Lo he actualizado pero sigue apareciendo y no lo quiero formatear porque no quiero perder mis contactos

que puedo hacer?

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1

Posted on May 23, 2012 6:36 PM

9 replies

Jun 14, 2012 11:38 AM in response to Hernan_bv

If you make sure that all your apps are shutoof and the problem still persists, you will most likely need to restore. You can try to delete your last installed apps and see if that helps. Other than that it will need to be a full restore, not a restore form backup because that will probably carry the problem over.

P.S. pvonk you are wrong, iDevices can get viruses, even non-jailbroken ones.

Jun 14, 2012 12:01 PM in response to Alcyoneous

List the viruses as in plural that infect/affect iOS devices, which also means they spread from iOS device to iOS device without the infected user's knowledge.

Most Windows sufferers lump all the insecurities that plaque the swiss cheese for security OS that is Windows as a virus, but a virus is self-replicating - spreads virally. So please list the viruses as in plural that affect/infect iOS which is a sandboxed OS.

Virus without jailbreak

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.