Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally played a wave form distortion sound and it was shockingly loud, could i have done some damage to my macbook pro's speakers, or is there a way to check if they are okay?

The volume wasn't all the way up but it seemed louder then the speakers can go on full volume.😮

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on May 23, 2012 10:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2012 11:04 PM

My Memorex brand CD/DVD brush type cleaner also has a test tunes section....

3 replies

May 24, 2012 12:17 AM in response to TELIIK

Distorted sounds always appear to be louder than clean sounds. You can play some vocal music to test the speakers. The female vocal range is within the frequency that is most demanding of speakers. If the voices sound clear as always, you have no damage. If you do have damage, you should here a ragged edge to the sound.

Speakers can tolerate a lot, I wouldn't be too worried. If you don't hear anything wrong, you're most likely to be fine ;-)

May 24, 2012 3:14 AM in response to TELIIK

Your speakers are probably fine, but if you want to be sure run some sine wave tones through them. You can get some here:

http://www.audiocheck.net/audiofrequencysignalgenerator_sinetone.php

I suggest you test at 250Hz, 500Hz, and 1000Hz. Test at other frequencies if you wish. If you get a pure undistorted sine wave tone then your speakers are fine. The sine wave should sound clean, pure and flute-like.

I accidentally played a wave form distortion sound and it was shockingly loud, could i have done some damage to my macbook pro's speakers, or is there a way to check if they are okay?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.