Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CPU spikes causing major latency issues

I'm running Logic 9.1.7 on Lion, version 10.7.4 on an early 2011 MBP, 2.2 quad-core with 8 GB of RAM. Ever since I've upgraded to Lion, very frequently, whenever there's CPU spikes, it makes the latency of my MIDI controller and computer keyboard lag really badly. This used to happen on my previous laptop which was a 2007-era MBP, 2.4 Ghz with 4 GB of RAM. When I upgraded my laptop, it was running Snow Leopard, and there were no issues at all. If I quit out of Logic and re-open the session, everything's fine. If it's a memory issue, would it help to install the OWC 16GB of RAM that's available at the moment? If so, are there any people out there usng this RAM successfully?

Thanks,

Damian.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4), Early 2011, 2.2 quad-core, 8GB RAM

Posted on May 23, 2012 11:08 PM

2 replies

Jul 4, 2012 5:11 PM in response to Pancenter

Yes, I have a similiar issue. I have a 2.53 Dual Core Macbook Pro. Ever since upgrading to 9.1.7, one of the cores is spikes every second around 90%, and the other core less frequently and around 20%. This is with any project open and basically idle, not doing any work at all. When I actually play my projects, or try to do any work, The mouse, and the video becomes very sluggish and sometimes unresponsive due to overheating. Reboot does nothing. Like an idiot, I didn't read all of the complaints about poeple having the same issue all over the internet before upgrading.

I can't work with Logic at all right now. I've opened a case with Apple, and plan to get in touch with someone when they are open tomorrow. Looks like I'll be going back to Cubase for a while. Way to go Apple!

Joel

CPU spikes causing major latency issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.