Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dialing phone number manually using keypad which prevent me from editable

I am not able to edit the dialed pasted phone no on my keypad. I sometimes receive phone numbers with an SMS or mails, usually with a missing prefix. For example I ask a friend to send some contacts. He sends it say, as 96666 55555. All I want is to copy this number, paste it to phone keypad screen, change it to 096666 55555 and call the number. I don't want to add it to contacts or paste in notepad. I just want to make a call and I am done with that phone number. So far it is impossible to edit a number which is pasted on the keypad screen. Is there really no way of managing this? I have Iphone4s and on latest iOS firmware.

Posted on May 23, 2012 11:23 PM

1 reply

Apr 10, 2014 2:55 AM in response to vtbalaji

Surprising...no answers.

i also called customer care before ios6...waited now ios 7 waiting.

so this feature will not come to iphone.

So be ready with paper and pen to take the phone numbers from email and rekey in. best and old solution

in India is common practice to prefix with 0 to dial ouside state numbers. so it is regual work for me to do.

regards

Balaji

dialing phone number manually using keypad which prevent me from editable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.