Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mouse preference pane does not look like Apple's

Hi all.

Just bought the Magic Mouse, and I like it. Would like to do some fine-tuning, though. On the apple.com there's a movie about the mouse, with a shot of the pref pane for mouse settings. It looks like this:

User uploaded file

Mine does not. It looks like this, with much less options (sorry for the Swedish language, but I think you get the point):

User uploaded file

What am I missing? I have the latest system (10.7.4). The apple.com it says that I need Wireless Mouse Software Update 1.0, so I tried Software Update but it says I'm up to date on everything.

Posted on May 24, 2012 2:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2012 4:28 AM

Nothing wrong with your preferences, the top one is for Snow Leopard. The bottom one is for Lion. The remainder of the the items can be found in System Preferences > Universal Access > Mouse & Trackpad tab.. > Mouse options.. button.

They just moved things around.

5 replies

May 24, 2012 5:23 AM in response to captfred

Exactly. Secondary click is on, but locked to ctrl+click. I would like to modify this. The apple.com screen shot looks like it offers that option, but I might be wrong.

I ran my old Logitech through SteerMouse, which offers a world of options. Apple stuff usually don't need to, since they're right from the start, but in this case I'd really like some more options.

My mouse preference pane does not look like Apple's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.