Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't open facebook on safari.

I have a macbook, with an older operating system, in safari, I cannot open facebook at all, all other sites will open except facebook. I have tried emptying my cache, clearing history. It will simply not load! In addition I am not very tech savvy, so please be kind. Thank you.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS 8.6 or Earlier

Posted on May 24, 2012 5:10 AM

9 replies

May 24, 2012 7:07 AM in response to JESSE JUPITER

This is starting to be a recurring thead. Had another discussion on the same subject that dragged along for about 2-3 screensful. Something to do with a DNS screwup, probably a successful third-party DNS poisoning hack. In that case, success was achieved by connecting to www.www.facebook.com.

Then, of course, there's the rumor that Tim got real mad after losing his shirt on the infamous Facebook IPO.... 😝😉

May 27, 2012 4:02 PM in response to JESSE JUPITER

I can eventually load it, but it takes about 5 minutes. The if I click on anything, it takes another 5 minutes. currently It says "loading..https.facebook.........completed 227 of 250, with 13 errors........and then finally loads after 3 - 5 minutes. Same thing happens on firefox, so it isn't just a Safari issue.

This started about a week ago. I am on Leopard, 10.5.8, and I am wondering if the recent java update didn't mess us up, and maybe we need to get up to Snow Leopard at a minimum. I ordered it from the Apple store yesterday, so I am hoping that will fix it.

Can't open facebook on safari.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.