Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluray with Compressor

Hey, everyone.

I have filmed my vacation with a Canon PowerShot S100 camera. The results are 1920x1080 videos at 24 fps (in .mov format). I made a trailer (also 1920x1080, 24 fps) with iMovie, which I would have liked to play when the disc is inserted into the drive (a PS3, in this case), I have a main feature (22 gigs, 2 hours and 14 minutes, exported from iMovie) and a .m4v slideshow (1440x800, 24 fps) from iPhoto.

I would have liked to be able to create a Bluray disc with menu and autoplay feature for the aforementioned iMovie trailer. However, I didn't find any solution - besides this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3IDhivbu8k&list=FLIwRyUdlmzbwdKVqraGngJw&feature =mh_lolz, but I'm concerned that the videos will lose quality when converted to mpeg2 -, so I am ready to settle just for writing the 3 files on 1 freaking BD, with Compressor 4.0.3's standard Bluray preset.

However, I am an absolute noob with Compressor and I haven't been able to figure out if all the three videos will be written on the BD at once or, after it finishes converting one to .264 it writes it the disc, then the second one and so on. It's a fact that it opens a pop-up right after it finishes converting the trailer, so I reckon that I'm right. But I don't know for sure.

So, how can I get this done? Please walk me through this, 'cause, like I said, I'm quite the noob with Compressor.

Also, if there's a solution to easily create a bluray disc with custom menu, I would be interested.

Thank you.

PS: I also have FCPX and Toast with the Bluray plugin. Maybe some of you can suggest solutions involving these...

Posted on May 24, 2012 8:38 AM

1 reply

May 24, 2012 12:09 PM in response to szlaeyer

You're correct…one disk per video in Compressor.

Offhand, you could take your videos as clips into FCP or QuickTime Pro and make a single sequence and put chapter markers at the start of each of the three. Should work.

BTW, the markers are added in the Preview window of Compressor.

As for Toast, I don't use it but from what I know of it, I don't see why it couldn't easily do what you want.

If you compare, I'd be interested which workflow works best.

Good luck.

Russ

Bluray with Compressor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.