Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

login to Apple support communities

How come it's so hard to login into the Apple support communites? I get a notice of a reply to my post via email, I click on the link and it takes me to the topic Then I login and it reverts me to the main support community page and I have to go back to the email and click the link again to get back to the thread.

I inhabit multiple of other forums online and never have this problem. Don't you guys know how to set up a web page?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 24, 2012 9:57 AM

10 replies

May 25, 2012 7:27 AM in response to Niel

I've participated in about 6 discussions in the Apple community trying to solve multiple problems since upgradeing to 10.7.3. There is no way I want 6 different book marks hogging up my browser menu.

Also I'm using Safari, which is supposedly Apple's own browser (cookies turned on, popups turned on). If it won't work in this forum then Apple need to fix their browser.

And I haven't got all day to keep my browser window open, sitting around waiting for an answer.

You people need to fix this forum software so when you click on the link in the email and are taken to the thread, and sign in, you get reverted right back to the forum page you were on -- LIKE EVERY OTHER FORUM SOFTWARE ON THE INTERNET.

You people make great software but your website stinks!

May 25, 2012 7:37 AM in response to Lorel

Lorel,

The problem with continually signing in has been discussed time and again in these columns. It appears that Apple find it a potential security risk and if they know something we don't, you can hardly blame them for not telling us.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I use Firefox when I enter the forums and as I said, you only need to log in once and provided you don't quit Firefox ... you stay logged in.

If, when you log in you go to 'Your Stuff'' > discussions you can select which thread to go into easily ... they're listed in chronological order.

Hope I've understood your problem and this helps.

May 25, 2012 1:15 PM in response to Lorel

HI,

Somewhat similar to Niel.

I have my Browser set to have this page as the Home page

https://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa/index.jspa?categoryID=1

I open my Browser first and Sign In.

Then I open Mail and Click links to my heart's content.

I use Firefox and have different threads in Different tabs as I open them.

I find Safari works the same.

User uploaded file
9:15 PM Friday; May 25, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Lion 10.7.4)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.7.4),
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

May 31, 2012 4:37 PM in response to Niel

@Niel. Since "UP"grading to Lion I have had to seek help multiple times in this forum for features that no longer work in the "new and improved" lion. If I bookmarked every one my browser would be full to capacity.''

@Ralph: why would I want to use the home page of a site that is extremely irritating? Apple has stepped back into the dark ages with Lion.

ALL OTHER FORUMS ON THE INTERNET have it fixed so their software redirects you to the link to the thread you just clicked on after logging in. But not apple. And this not being their software is no excuse. Lion is irritating enough without the forum causing more problems.

Jun 1, 2012 11:00 AM in response to Lorel

My apologies.

I somehow got the impression that you wanted to come here regularly to help people.

I've participated in about 6 discussions in the Apple community trying to solve multiple problems since upgrading to 10.7.3

I thought from there that your wanted a consistent method of logging in here to peruse other threads.

I can see that what I said was not in fact helpful to you.

That is two wrongs and as well all know two wrongs do not make a right.

As Niel implied, Apple has bought in to using Jive Software to run these Discussions. The issue being the numbers of daily attendees and the number of posts being made and then Jive being about the only suitable software.

Realistically it is what it is and those of us like myself and Niel have methods that works for use as we are "here" most days.

User uploaded file
7:00 PM Friday; June 1, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Lion 10.7.4)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.7.4),
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

login to Apple support communities

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.