Skip navigation

Reset xserve administrator password

1701 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: May 31, 2012 3:26 PM by Antonio Rocco RSS
John1L Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
May 24, 2012 10:58 AM

My Xserver 10.5.7 has spontaneously lost its Administrator password so it will not let me in to give it a new one. I don't have the Server Installation disk any longer, is there anything I can do to get back on the Xserver computer?

Xserve, Mac OS X (10.5.7)
  • Antonio Rocco Level 6 Level 6 (10,095 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 31, 2012 3:26 PM (in response to John1L)

Hi

You could try logging in as root. At the login window use root as the name and use the same password you use for the admin account. Reset the admin password using any one of the usual methods.

If you have a client OS Installer DVS (10.6, or 10.6.3 for example) or any other OS installer DVD that can boot your server you can use the Reset Password Utility. In other words you don't need the Server Installer Disk if all you want to do is reset the admin password.

You really should try and find the Server Installation Disk. A reinstall would be impossible without it.

HTH?

Tony

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.