Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp utility in OSX Lion tries to format my Drive when i only want to download the support software for my existing install...

So i have a bit of a problem...

im using a Mid 2009 13 Inch Macbook Pro in dualboot.

Im running OSX Lion and Windows 8 Consumer Preview in dual boot, no problems...

However i only have bootcamp 3.x software on my Windows install and i want to install 4.x ...

i know that to get the 4.x software i have to use the Bootcamp utility in Lion to download it, here is where the problem is...

i run the utility and check the box next to download support software and uncheck the rest (i dont want to format my install or remove it) and im prompted for a save location, which i set to my desktop (because i can read it from windows). it then informs me that its trying to format my Drive... My System drive!? all i want is the software, nothing else...

is there a way i can download it directly? such as i direct link to the software from the servers?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.3), Win os is Windows Developer Preview

Posted on May 24, 2012 5:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2012 5:29 PM

Read carefully. You have to download the software to a FAT32 formatted USB flash or hard drive.

1 reply

Bootcamp utility in OSX Lion tries to format my Drive when i only want to download the support software for my existing install...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.