Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a new Mac Book Pro, which does not have iDvd. I finalized my project on iMovie, and need to burn it to a dvd. How do I do this without iDvd?

I am doing a project for a family member. I have used iMovie before on another macbook pro, but mine does not have iDvd. I don't know how to burn my finalized project to a dvd without iDvd. Please help!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on May 24, 2012 5:00 PM

4 replies

May 24, 2012 8:16 PM in response to LivJoy

I have a new MacBook Pro

If you are still within your 15 day return period. Call Apple they will sent out iDVD at no charge. (There are no realistic substitutes.)

Nicely explain that you may return the computer without iDVD. That usually does the trick. You MUST speak to a senior advisor to get a free copy. The first tier people cannot do it.

408-996-1010

800-692-7753

Is this the only way?

Yes, there are programs that will put a movie on a DVD. I have tried most of the other substitutes including Toast, Burn, and others. None of them come anywhere near the ease-of-use and power of iDVD. IDVD is specifically designed to work with iMovie.

I'd like to go the free route...

IDVD is a wonderful piece of software and well worth the low cost of $42.

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MC623Z-A-iLife-VERSION/dp/B003XKRZES/ref=sr_1_1?ie=U

I have a new Mac Book Pro, which does not have iDvd. I finalized my project on iMovie, and need to burn it to a dvd. How do I do this without iDvd?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.