Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV (1st gen), Airport Express, and AirTunes/AirPlay

Do the Apple TV (1st generation) and Airport Express still work with AirTunes (or AirPlay)? Because at somepoint recently they stopped, but it seems to be undocumented (for instance http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3291 suggests they should still work together). All software is fully updated.

I noticed that the newest version of Aiport Utility can not interact with theses devices, but my 1st gen Apple TV and Airport Express are still visible in the speaker panel and yet iTunes can't connect to them. The Apple TV is still able to sync with iTunes and it is still able to stream to the Airport Express. The Airport Express is also available as an AirPlay speaker from iOS devices and the Apple TV still works with the Remote app.

I'd understand if after 3 and 6 or so years of use these products have become unsupported for certain features, but I like that to be made clear and know if I am going crazy. Or not.

Apple TV, Mac OS X (10.7.4), Airport Express, AirTunes, iTunes

Posted on May 24, 2012 5:40 PM

2 replies

Apple TV (1st gen), Airport Express, and AirTunes/AirPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.