Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

parental control does not work

My daughter has a parental controlled account. It does not work. The time limit per day does notwork, and the time of the day that she can access the computer does not work. She has complete access to the computer 24/7. Is anyone else having this problem? Did someone hack her computer or is this a known problem? She has OS X 10.7.3

Posted on May 24, 2012 8:15 PM

3 replies

Jul 2, 2016 10:25 AM in response to gottalovemymac

Parental Controls is useless. I turned it off completely. My main gripe is that it does not seem to retain any of the settings you make to it. No matter what happens, my son's account is inundated with 600 dialogs upon login; all I want to happen is for Photo Booth to launch when he logs in. It launches alright, but can only be used after I have to clear the thousands of "Access to website" and other dialogs that appear, even after I added and authorized them on the last login, disabled them in the Parental Controls control panel, and so on.

I've enabled ALL apps and turned off the restricted websites option, to no avail. I even created a new user account for him.

Long story short, I turned it off and configured the Finder to try and hide the applications and other sensitive folders. That is, I concocted my own version of Parental Controls. Now he can login without being bombed by dialogs that were purportedly cleared on the last login and from my admin account.

Parental Controls? Nay, Parental Annoyance!

El Capital 10.11.5 on an iMac.

parental control does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.