Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 Sync Backup Creates Other Space

Ok I have been having this issue ever since I have gotten the iPhone 4. Its really irittating because my 4 is only 8GBs.

Everytime I connect my 4 to my computer, iTunes pops up and it syncs it and go throughs the steps of sync and backing up.

But when it does this, my other memory space goes up. Everytime I use my iPhone 4 then need to put mopre music or something it goes through that sycnhronization process and back up, which then makes my other space go up more. Now I only have 1.1GB of space left. I been having this problem and trying to figure out what is the problem. But when today I connect it I notice it goes up when backing up and all that. I have research alot of people have the same issue but its because of something else, or because they "Jailbreak It" which mines is not.

My iPhone 4 is on the latest ios5 which is 5.1.1. Can anyone help me figure this out. Because Apple hasn't address this little problem.

Much help please.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 24, 2012 9:50 PM

2 replies

May 25, 2012 5:42 AM in response to ThaDaydreamerAsylum

A simple search would have revealed the resolution and it has nothing to do with jailbreaking.

"Other" growing is normal, but it should only really be around 300mb to 1GB depending on the apps and what data they store. Anything larger than that may indicate corruption.

Start by restoring from backup, if it does not shrink "Other" restore as new.

May 25, 2012 11:10 AM in response to diesel vdub

I have search it. If research doesn't count then what the heck. -_-

Anyways the other starts low then enters 100mb then goes up. It continues until no more space basically. It will surpass

1GB. The only real apps I really have is Facebook and Twitter. Because I know Apple ain't dumb to put this annoyance which makes people keep restoring there iPhones to factory clean set.

iPhone 4 Sync Backup Creates Other Space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.