2 Replies Latest reply: May 28, 2013 8:04 AM by LeVeL5
tranceparent Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi, I just completed a clean install of Lion. Everything went okay, but it turns out iTunes no longer recognizes my iPad as its device. It says that the iPad is synched to another computer, and it needs to erase the contents before allowing me to sync. Does anyone know how I may be able to get the iPad to sync with my iTunes without going the restore route?

iPad 2, Mac OS X (10.7.4)
  • LeVeL5 Level 1 Level 1 (20 points)

I too have the same problem. Any luck?

• LeVeL5 Level 1 Level 1 (20 points)

I did a clean install for troubleshooting and I wanted it to keep it clean, so Setup Assistant and Migration Assistant were out of the question. I wanted to transfer my iTunes library and purchases and to be able to sync my iPhone as before. Called Apple and the rep said the only paths were the Assistants or wipe the phone and resync with the new library losing all app data in the process. Sensing the rep may have been a bit obtuse, I emailed Apple and got a call back from another friendly rep who promptly emailed this to me:

iTunes: How to move your music to a new computer

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4527

I can attest this method works, and the key part may be this one:

If you backed your iOS device up to iTunes, back up your devices on the new computer or manually transfer the backups from your old computer. The backups belong in:

• Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/