Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Permission issues between multiple users in iPhoto (on iMac)?

I never had an issue with permission for sharing iphoto among 3 users on my iMac until I got the latest version of iLife several months ago. Now, all users can see all existing photo's but when anyone adds new photo's from a camera, the others can't see them (they can see the thumbnail, but comes up with the nasty yellow triangle when trying to view full size).

Yes, I have all the "permission for sharing among all users" set (I've checked this, and as I said, never had issues before).

I have found a fix by holding down the Option and Command keys as I open iPhoto, then checking the bottom box to "Examine and repair iphoto permissions". This fixes all permissions for all users, by why do I have to monkey with that every time I add more pictures? Never had to do that before I had the newer version of iLife.

Why do I have to "repair" permissions every time I add new photo's???

iMac, Mac OS X (10.1.x), Snow Leapord (I think it's 10.1?)

Posted on May 25, 2012 9:22 AM

There are no replies.

Permission issues between multiple users in iPhoto (on iMac)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.