Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When selecting which of my projects to sync with my iPhone, how do I get only the highest rated sync’d?

Hi everyone,

Yes, how?

Thanks,

Raphael

iMac 21.5"-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Pages for iPhone/iPad

Posted on May 25, 2012 9:41 AM

6 replies

May 25, 2012 6:18 PM in response to shuttersp33d

Thank you guys for your responses.

And...I tried that; but when I create a smart album within a project and check the smart album box, box boxes - the smart album's AND the project's get checked and I end up in the same place with every image sync'd.

I would have to create a snmart album outside the relevant projects and create keywords to make sure they end up there, plus the number of folders of all kinds in my Library Inspector would double. Not elegant.

Am I missing something?

May 25, 2012 7:13 PM in response to rshammaa

I pretty sure the default configuration contains a 5-star Smart Album, like so:

User uploaded file

If you don't have one, just make one.

Then in iTunes, with your Device selected in the sidebar, click on the "Photos" tab, and set it to "Sync Photos from Aperture", and check the Smart Album:

User uploaded file

This does not cause any other containers to be checked. The "minus" sign at "Library Albums" indicates that at least one sub-item but not all sub-items are checked.

Note that Smart Albums can have their Source set to different containers. This is easy to overlook: it's near the top of the Smart Filter HUD. In this screenshot I'm showing a Smart Album whose Source is set to "Library", but it is in a Folder named "**Simmering**". I could click "**Simmering**" and limit the source of the Smart Album to just those Images that are inside the Folder "**Simmering**".

User uploaded file

Message was edited by: Kirby Krieger -- clarifications and more.

When selecting which of my projects to sync with my iPhone, how do I get only the highest rated sync’d?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.