Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad- iCloud- mobile me- OS

I've bought an iPad3. I also have a Mac running Snow Leopard, and a mobile me account.

I have indicated I wish to continue with my mac.com address after mobile me shuts down.

I want to register the iPad with iCloud even though I know I can't sync it with the Mac until I upgrade the OS.

I don't want to have two separate ID's.

So, what's the best route?

Posted on May 25, 2012 9:39 AM

10 replies

Jun 11, 2012 8:26 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Winston - do we have absolute confirmation of that? It's certainly what I understood to be the case, and then we had someone claiming he had chosen that option and had been migrated immediately - of course he may have been totally confused. I had another look at Apple's documentation and it is completely vague about this, as so often (I do wish they'd learn to write proper instructions), so if you or anyone else can confirm from actual experience that the second option does not do anything as yet it would be helpful.

Jun 11, 2012 9:11 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

From the following kb:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4929

"If your devices meet system requirements, you'll also be able to access all of the iCloud features after June 30, 2012, but only on your compatible devices".

I guess even that's open to interpretation, but that was how I saw it. I'm assuming if you chose this option and can't use the iCloud features until July, then you wouldn't be able to log into iCloud until then either.

Unfortunately, you are entirely correct about the documentation. Indeed between the poor documentation and the undocumented changes as we go along, I have found myself embarrassed on a number of occasions, after giving out incorrect information. 😉 😕 😮

Jun 11, 2012 9:15 AM in response to Winston Churchill

That certainly does have the most obvious interpretation that nothing will happen until then, but there is enough ambiguity floating around to make it difficult to offer authoritative comments.

Incidentally I wonder exactly when they are proposing to pull MobileMe? Midnight at the beginning of June 30? Midnight at the end of June 30? Some time after they've had their coffee on June 30? ditto July 1?

Whenever they do, I predict immediate howls of dismay along the lines of 'I can't log into MobileMe, I've lost all my files, why wasn't I warned....'

iPad- iCloud- mobile me- OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.