Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On the iPad how do I keep mute off and rotation on at the same time?

Having trouble with the option in general it seems once you use it it's either one or the other. How can I use both at the same time?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 25, 2012 11:52 AM

9 replies

May 25, 2012 10:46 PM in response to Joesgota?

So I check marked lock screen option, then went into the side bar at the bottom of the screen. I swiped to the right and saw that the square option box... Then I saw it had a lock on it, I tapped it and unlocked it. I then opened up a game and the sound was gone. I then went back into general and check marked the mute option. Before I left the screen a circle on the top of the screen went around the battery percentage. Then I exited out and again went to the Side bar Dubbie clicking the home button I then swiped right and there was a lock of the square button that showed the mute option locked backed out the auto rotation was locked open the game and the sound worked. Why is it either one or the other? P.s. tried this with 7 games so far. Hmmmm

Jul 21, 2012 9:30 AM in response to Joesgota?

Hello, I am having the same problem. I want mute AND orientation lock OFF.

When I go to general settings, I have to choose whether I want to have the side control be orientation lock or mute. Whichever one I choose, it will automatically enable the other.

Ex:

I select orientation lock to disable orientation lock, and then mute is enabled.

I select mute to disable mute, and then orientation lock is enabled.

Is there a way to have both orientation lock and mute disabled at the same time?

It was like that before when I first got the iPad a few months ago.

Please advise.

Thank you!

On the iPad how do I keep mute off and rotation on at the same time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.