Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

My System Keychain is empty OS 10.6.8

338 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2012 9:22 PM by alibi RSS
alibi Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
Currently Being Moderated
May 25, 2012 1:34 PM

I have been unable to access Time Capsule. I did a factory reset and got part way through the set up, but my admin password didn't work and I couldn't complete. Lately I been having a problem accessing the Keychain System passwords, though I know what they're set at. Somehow they've reverted to previous versions and I can't change them--they act like they're changing but when I check back they're as they were. Lately I have been getting access restricted notices and I can't access them at all. There is a weird System entry put there by my dealer when I went in for repairs. I couldn't access it or delete it, didn't have priviledges.

To get around this I planned a HD erase and install. I figured I could get rid of the strange entry and be able to access the items in System Keychain. I first backed up on a new WD Passport: Time Capsule on a large partition, and my iMac HD with its folders on a 125 GB partition. I erased and reinstalled OS 10.6 and all its updates. The Passport wouldn't mount and I could find no remedy for this. (WD support is in a strange state.) Time Capsule still wasn't showing. So I tried to recontact TC by the factory reset. When I got to the flashing yellow light phase, and withheld the bent paper clip, the light showed unblinking yellow. TC still couldn't be found by Airport Utility.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.