Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MACBOOK PRO OS 10.5.8.ust tried to set up new Magic Mouse. Bluetooth has disappeared from menu bar and computer. What gives? How do I get BT back?

I had a wireless Mighty Mouse operating with Bluetooth. It wore out. I bought a new wireless Magic Mouse. Now suddenly there is no Bluetooth in the menu bar nor in my computer's system profiler. How can I set this new wireless mouse up, pair with my Mac, with NO Bluetooth? Where did it go and how can I get Bluetooth back?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8), Airport Extreme; broadband cable

Posted on May 25, 2012 2:13 PM

4 replies

Jun 23, 2015 5:45 AM in response to SBN17

Hello Sally:

SMC=system management controller.....reset like this:

Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

For future reference, it is better to post a new question rather than "piggybacking" on an old thread. Very few people read questions posted on old threads. The only reason I saw it is because I am E-mail subscribed to things I have posted to in the past.

Barry

MACBOOK PRO OS 10.5.8.ust tried to set up new Magic Mouse. Bluetooth has disappeared from menu bar and computer. What gives? How do I get BT back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.