Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone in sunlight

I have two iPads, an iPod, and am considering an iPhone (also had two nanos and v1 of ipod that wore out). My biggest problem is viewing in sunlight. Can you suggest the possibility of a new design that would have the full color screen, but a transparent overlay that uses e-ink like original Amazon Kindle (or other engineering to do the same). If this were possible, it could not only make it easier for old eyes like mine to view, but it could even go into an e-ink mode that would save battery life. If LED screen were in the back, it could turn to black or grey for background, and e-ink could overlay. The biggest struggle I see is having the touch screen respond. Alternatively, I would be amenible to a smaller iBook creation the length and width of a paperback that would allow it to be used as a phone. This might help boost an older generation of consumers that have vision and dexterity degredation, and might help with a greater transition to voice-commands. A hardware option like this might also aid business sales as they often accomodate people with disabilities. I think that if possible, it could give Apple an additional boost over Android-type phones. A partnership with Amazon.com or Barnes and Noble could also be a win-win, as they are more focused on the annuity stream of e-books. Besides, what college student wouldn't want to read their textbooks and do their work outside in the sun?

Thank you for considering this.

Cordelia

PC Notebooks, Windows 7, multiple devices - ipad, ipod, etc

Posted on May 25, 2012 4:49 PM

There are no replies.

iPhone in sunlight

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.