Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Command key issue with Microsoft keyboards

I've been using a MS ergonimic keyboard for several years and it apparently died.

I bought a MS Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000, it typed fine, but you couldn't program the special keys so you might have an Application pop up when you hit F2 or Andother App if you programmed in F3. or the key for Mail launch the Mail problem.

MS said bring it back because it's been upgraded and the new model 3000 was better.

Well, I've gone into system prefs clicked off the proper boxesl, LIke Swap Apple's Alt key for the Command key.

In a nutshell The Alt Key doesn't work to cut and paste, etc.

I can hit the next key over the MS key, as the command key, but that's not the way dit sholld work.

Their engineers haven't come up with a solution becasue it's hard to find a Mac n a MS world at their tech support.

I haven't called Apple Care, because they'lll lay it off to a third party problem, namely it's MS procuct.

I've had Macs for years and this is the oddest, quicky things I've seen.

Anyone else out there experience this or better, can suggest a fix?

I just can't get used to the Flat Keyboard that Apple had.

This MS keyboard is ergonomic a comfortable to use.

Thanks

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.3), 8 GB RAM. 500 HD, Bamboo Tablet

Posted on May 25, 2012 10:50 PM

5 replies

May 26, 2012 2:25 PM in response to indigo222

UPDATE: Even MS couldn't figure it out yet.

They sent me a new Comfort Curved 3000 which replaces the 2000.

It has a newer ergonomic layout, but it still doesn't work.

Naturally when you tell them you're on a Mac, the get all flummoxed.

The rep was going to see if they had a Mac to try it on by Tuesday.

They did FedEx the new keyboard and try to be helpful.

You know it sticks in their craw when Apple passed them by as the most influential computer company that some of us have been with since the 80's. They were so smug weren't they?

This is one weird, quirky problem, but I just don't find the Apple keyboard comfortable. I'm actually surprised that Apple didn't offer an ergonomic solution yet... their keyboard does match the stainless computer though.

Feb 7, 2016 1:24 PM in response to indigo222

I Don't understand you debate Apple as actually working with ms keyboard,I can say that my machine won't even boot with Windows or no Apple keys as there is a switch too a startup manager that comes from the apple keyboards which Windows do not have or do not send such signal by plugging or wireless sing up?

I Have had too try using Windows keys while waiting for Apple keys too arrive from online purchases that do not turn up,etc,but is not a company thing,although years ago a pair of us found the surrounding computer shops knew nothing of Apple at all and all suggested buying new Windows p.c for what was the wait for Windows 7! I can't see how that is supposed helpful too us but it is also unrealized how the cats became so over lorded by those whom do not know what an apple is why perhaps this cycle then evolved towards Intel as different reflections of the parallel processing Gpu as referred CPU along apples repeated UNIX researches of the computers architectures and platforms reuses?

Command key issue with Microsoft keyboards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.