Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i use my macbook pro 13" (late 2011) to play Games?

I know that this is perhaps silly question but i just curious. Most games playable using graphic card such as Nvidia or ATI,but mine don't have any such graphic cards but it has built-in Intel Graphics 3000 and in the Apple website, the macbook pro that shown able to play games is 15" and 17". Is it adequate to play big games such as Splinter cell conviction or assasin's creed on my 13" MBP?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 26, 2012 4:09 AM

2 replies

May 26, 2012 4:21 AM in response to Ilmianfhm

Your experience playing the game will be sub-optimal. If you're going to be doing any sort of "real gaming" and want to play more modern games on newer engines, the shared GPU just isn't going to cut it. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

No MacBook Pro is a first rate gaming machine, per se, just not designed for such. If you're a serious gamer & want to use a MacBook Pro, the only realistic choices are the 15" or 17" which have dedicated GPU's.

can i use my macbook pro 13" (late 2011) to play Games?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.