Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to start the Startup Manager always?

This might be a stupid question because some People want to resolve the Problem that they get everytime the Startup Manager when they boot thier Mac. I want the other way, i want to get it everytime i turn on my MacBook.

The System is Lion.

Does anyon have any idea? Some Kernel Flags in the com.apple.boot.plist? Or some command with nvram in Terminal?

Please dont Tell me abaout rEFIt or something like that, i do not support such a creepware…

Posted on May 26, 2012 4:12 AM

1 reply

May 26, 2012 6:05 AM in response to Kalumon

There is no supported means, other than holding the option key during startup. (Either entered directly from the keyboard, or conceivably from some custom-implemented USB hardware that controls the startup for you.)

You might then want to elaborate on your "creepware" reference here; on what the particular issue(s) or perceived issues with a solution akin to rEFIt and direct access to EFI might be. EFI is the basis for the console environment on all Intel Mac systems, after all. And yes, EFI is quite arcane.

How to start the Startup Manager always?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.