Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad enrollment problems with my local server

So,

recently I installed lion server onto an iMac to get mdm going at our business. I created a standalone server that only has local access. All the services are running, fine, and the open directory is also running okay. I set the dns to the following

static IP=192.168.1.87

DNS=192.168.1.87

Router=192.168.0.1

Subnet=255.255.0.0

Search Domain=server.connect-tech.local

I can go to https://server.connect-tech.local/mydevices on the iMac that is acting as my server, but when I try to enroll our iPads I can't get to that page to enroll our devices for mdm. Not sure what I'm missing? I thought it was something related to settings in our modem/router, becuase I don't have access to our company's modem/router settings. So, created a local network without any internet access, disabling all firewalls, and configuring it to function as a DHCP server. I setup a wifi network that the iPads and the server were connected to at the same time. But still, the iPads and iPhones won't get into the mydevices page.

Any ideas? I have a feeling its something simple that I'm missing. Let me know if you need more info. Thanks!

Posted on May 26, 2012 8:13 AM

There are no replies.

iPad enrollment problems with my local server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.