Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will ATV 3 output from HDMI and Optical at the same time?

I'd like to use my apple TV to feed music to my main AV receiver while at the same time sending that same audio signal out the optical out connection to my other AV receiver that provides music to all of the rooms in my home. Right now it feeds the music to my main AVR via HDMI just fine but nothing to my other AVR.

Is this possible?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 26, 2012 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2012 2:07 PM

The Apple TV outputs over HDMI and optical at the same time, there are no settings to change this. If you aren't getting audio out of the receiver that is connected to the optical output, then you probably need to look at the receiver or more probably its settings.

6 replies

Aug 25, 2012 3:38 PM in response to 105437

We've used an airport express since 'the beginning' - for years to get our Wifi from our cable modem in our garage while simultaneoulsy using it to output audio to a VERY old tuner in the garage. I have some nice outdoor Bose speakers connected to this setup which allows any mobile device wifi equiped to output any audio through my setup.... i.e. we usally use iTunes off our laptop while we are chilling outside. Perfect marriage of new school and old school technology.

Will ATV 3 output from HDMI and Optical at the same time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.