Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pdf issue with internal links in Safari

Hello,

I am creating a web site that has 80 or so pdf's available to download. They each contain a series of 20 or so speeches. To make navigation easier I have created a new page in Open Office that is an index to each pdf, with it's page number as an internal link to the correct page. This is what I did:

1. Open each pdf in Preview and inserted a blank page (page 2), and saved the pdf. This gives me the correct page numbering for when I put in the real index.

2. Noting the start of each speech page number, I created an idex page in Open Office.

3. I saved the index as a pdf.

4. I opened the origional pdf and the new pdf index.

5. I deleted the blank page and then dragged the new index page across and made sure it was the same page position - page 2.

6. I then used the link too in Previewl to drag a link box over the page number in the index and then chose the correct page number to set as the target via Previews inspector.

7. Saved the pdf and opened and tested - everything worked fine.

The problem comes when I upload the pdfs and test the site with safari. When I open the pdf in the default safari window, the links are all out by one page i.e. if i click on page number 30 from the index, I go to the next page - page 31. If I hover the mouse at the bottom of the page and bring up the open in Preview icon and do so, the index links to the pages work fine???? I have tried with Explorer under bootcamp and the default window that opens for the pdf shows the same issue - it's out by one page.

Thanks in advance

nige.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 26, 2012 2:31 PM

4 replies

Pdf issue with internal links in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.