Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Page breaks after loading onto Ibooks.....

I would like some help with page breaks and ibook epubs. Eveything looked fine until i loaded my book onto ibooks and some of the page break formatting has been lost. I have had a look around at loads of blogs and loads of different suggestions but looking for a definative and easy solution.

I have a lots of sections in my new pub 'Sporades Sailing pilot' and would like them to start at the top of a new page. I submitted the epub aftert I had tested it on various devices, including my iPhone and Ipad and the page breaks were ok. I was using the <div class="header> tag on the xhtml page with 'page-break-before always' on the CSS stylesheet. However, after it was loaded onto ibooks this page break functionality was lost. I wouldn't mind this, but have a lot of graphics after the heading which has ended up with masses of white space and text lying on the wrong pages.

I was looking for a heads up on how to deal with my page break issue.

I have tried various things but uncertain how they will be dealt and do not want to keep loading updates onto the system until get something that works.

To make page breaks that will be maintained in an Ibook epub do i……

1. Wrap the header and everything else in that section in <div> tags with {display: inline-block} in the CSS?

2. Use <div class="header"> or <h4> tags with {page-break-before: always; page-break-before: avoid} in the CSS stylesheet? (Allthough i have already tried that and didn't seem to work)

3. Use <div style="page-break-before:always;"></div> directly on the xhtml page and forget about CSS stylesheet

4.Use individual commands at the head of each xhtml page like… <style type="text/css"> h4 {page-break-before: alway}</style>, to break before section headings?

Any help you can give me would be fantastic…..

dave

iBook

Posted on May 26, 2012 4:48 PM

1 reply

Page breaks after loading onto Ibooks.....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.