Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can MacBook Air Super Drive work with old MacBook

I have an old black Macbook (about 6 years old, with all of the recent downloads, etc.).

I am going to get a Mac Air Book and I wanted, before I bought the Mac Air Book, to try out the external Super Drive with my old MacBook (which is working fine for burning and reading CDS and DVDS) ... I plugged in the USB cable of my brand new Super Drive to my old MacBook but when I inserted the blank CD into the slot of the external Super Drive, the CD was not taken up by the SuperDrive. It went in perhaps 95 - 98% of the way but did not "take hold" the way I suspected it would.

I know that I don't need this Super Drive for my old MacBook but I wanted to see if it would work with it .. in anticipation for getting the Mac Air Book.

Does this mean that I have a defective Super Drive ? Or does it mean that it will only work with a MacAir Book ... or what ? I am sure there are some easy answers. Or should I force the CD harder into the Super Drive ? Thanks for answering my question. Mr. Stuck Here ...

Posted on May 26, 2012 5:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2012 5:48 PM

That drive only works on MacBook Airs and Minis.

1 reply

Can MacBook Air Super Drive work with old MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.