Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to remove access to Mac drives from Windows 7. Bootcamp used.

I have windows 7 using bootcamp. I do not want windows to have access to my Mac files. How do I remove the Mac partitions from being accessed under Windows.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on May 26, 2012 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2012 7:17 PM

When you installed the Boot Camp drivers, it isntalled an Apple HFS driver to give Windows read only access to the Mac Partitions in your computer. If you do not load that driver, your WIndows PC will not be able to read the MacOS partitions in your computer.

You should be able to remove the driver, or rename the driver file and your Windows environment won't be able to read the MacOS partitions.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2012 7:17 PM in response to Jwilson87

When you installed the Boot Camp drivers, it isntalled an Apple HFS driver to give Windows read only access to the Mac Partitions in your computer. If you do not load that driver, your WIndows PC will not be able to read the MacOS partitions in your computer.

You should be able to remove the driver, or rename the driver file and your Windows environment won't be able to read the MacOS partitions.

Need to remove access to Mac drives from Windows 7. Bootcamp used.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.