Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I batch convert Pages to Doc?

I want to bathc convert my Pages files to .doc.

IF you have suggestions re: Applescript, I am a total novice in that area.

Thnaks, Gerry

MacBook Air (11-inch Late 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on May 26, 2012 6:27 PM

11 replies

May 27, 2012 8:21 PM in response to gerryfromky

The English instructions say:

Save the script as script or application bundle.

Run it or drag and drop a folder icon on its icon.

It opens every Pages's documents stored

in the folder and save it as DOC file in a folder named "was_Pages_now_DOC".

This one may be on the desktop or in the "~/Documents" folder.

according to the property storeOnDesktop.

This means that once the script opens in Script Editor go to File & Save As… then choose Script or Application Bundle from the File Format drop-down menu. I prefer Script, but try both if you'd like.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

May 28, 2012 8:21 AM in response to gerryfromky

OK, but still...

I downloaded the file. File opens in Applescript format. I saved it as: 1) Script, pressed RUN button, bottom window indicated file was running, but again nothing happened, no prompt for file or folder to convert.**

2) I also saved it as Application and got the scroll-like icon with a descending arrow. I dragged and drop a file folder with a few Pages files in it to see if that would work, I got the spinning rainbow wheel for a few minutes, and then got the message taht the Apple Event had timed out. Did not get any conversions with that one either.

I know I ma a complete novice with Applescript. So maybe you have to take my hand and walk me through this becasue I am obviously missing something.

I am working with Macbook Air OSX 10.7.4 and iMac OSX 10.7.3

** I was working with another Yvan conversion file and when I ran it (even without saving, I just ran it after I downloaded it) I was immedately prompted to choose a file/folder to work with. I was expecting teh same sort of prompt with this one.

Thanks for your help.

May 28, 2012 9:14 AM in response to gerryfromky

I double-clicked the expanded downloaded script & saved it as an Application on my Desktop. I then created a new folder & put three Paged documents in it for testing. I dragged this folder to the batch export app icon on my Desktop & let it run. When it was done I had a new folder on my Desktop as the instructions said I would with the documents now in .doc format. I did not click run in the script editor.

User uploaded file

Feb 3, 2014 10:21 PM in response to gerryfromky

Peggy- Not sure if you can assist me, but I'm having the same problem. I saved it out as an Application on my desktop. I dragged the new folder over the app, and the following error came up: "Can't set <<class uien>> of application to true."

Any ideas? I've sent an email to Yvan, but not heard back yet. Thank you for any help in advance!!

how do I batch convert Pages to Doc?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.