Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Limewire will not launch

I had been using limewire easy on my macbook. However i decided to do a stripped installed version of tiger to save space i.e delete additonal language support, useless printer drivers etc. Now when i try to install limewire the disk image wont moun't and if i copy the backup up to my application folder, it fails to launch. Anyone know whats going on. I know limewire is not yet universla but it ran well on rosetta....well till now

15" MBP | 2.0GHz | 1GB RAM | 100GB | SD |, Mac OS X (10.4.5), | 5G 30GB iPod

Posted on Mar 10, 2006 8:54 PM

8 replies

Mar 11, 2006 12:17 PM in response to El Presidente

I am not sure which version of Limewire you have but they just came out with a new version for MAC. This one is supposed to be compatible with Intel Macs. So I would get rid of the version that you currently have and download this one.

LimeWire OS X 4.11.0

You can get it at the following site:

http://mac.majorgeeks.com/download4578.html

New in this version:
-Improved connection management. LimeWire will use much less resources and memory when making outgoing connections or starting a download.
-Support for 'Secure Results'. These are messages that LimeWire can verify are secure and not tampered with in any way. Some messages that contain risky data (such as a URL to go to) are discarded if they are not secure. Secure Results will appear in your search results quality column with a 'lock' icon instead of the stars.
-Support for 'Content Filtering'. This allows users to optionally have LimeWire check all files they upload and/or download against a list of content that copyright owners have requested be removed from the network. This feature is in active development. To learn more about it, visit the content filtering 'about' page.
-Improved temporary task handling. LimeWire will use a pool of cached threads to handle long-lived tasks instead of constructing a new one for each. This should significantly improve performance on some machines.
-Improved checking for a live internet connection. LimeWire should do a better job of knowing when the internet is alive or not.
-Fixed the sizing of the LimeWire GUI. It will now take into account all sorts of intrusions on the desktop space, such as the dock on OS X or taskbar on Windows (be it on the top, left, bottom, or right). Folks who liked to keep LimeWire maximimized may have noticed that it shrank slightly every time LimeWire was restarted. This is now fixed.

Intel compatible.

Limewire will not launch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.