Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to enable/disable Automatic Downloads

I am trying to disable Automatic Down/Loads. I was told by a nice person at apple support it was causing when I buy a song it say download and it is down.loading everything else on my ipod too. Therefore I need to disable it. THE IOS! I am hope ing if I need the IOS I can just get it back?? If anyone knows about this it woulld make me very happy!! I hate to buy a song and then when I look at my ipod it has acloud next to each song and every song that was already on there downloads again. Thank-You so much! Sherry

iPod touch, do not know which operating System

Posted on May 27, 2012 10:14 AM

15 replies

Feb 1, 2013 10:07 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi! What about automatic iOS update downloads? iOS 6.0.1 and 6.1 have downloaded without my intervention occupying space in my iPhone. People say that it's normal or impossible automatically without consent but It did happen twice in my device! I just want to decide whether I want to download updates or not. Any help?

Feb 2, 2013 12:19 PM in response to turingtest2

Well...I'm completely sure that I did not accept manually the iOS download (OTA). Sure! Believe me! Besides, It happened twice! I'm getting crazy... If you think that this situation is not possible at all, perhaps the last time I connected the device to iTunes, I configured that in some way that I don't know... Could it be possible?

Feb 4, 2013 1:24 PM in response to iGopi

Hi, both my wife's and my iphone have encountered the same situation over the weekend. The IOS 6.1 update was automatically downloaded to our phones OTA overnight. I spoke with Apple this AM and they said the only way to remove the download (not installed) on the device is to do a reset and select "Erase All Content and Setting" on the device.

Feb 6, 2013 12:50 PM in response to iGopi

No, they said it shouldn't and not sure how and why it happened. My concern is if it will happy again when the next IOS update comes out as the current update download takes up almost 1gig storage space. I am debating as to whether I should to go ahead to install the 6.1 or do a reset to remove all content. So far, the feedbacks from the ios 6.1 users are not very convincing toward installing it.

Feb 12, 2013 3:31 PM in response to iGopi

IGopi. I have not had the darn thing download it self. How ever it would not surprise me! I still have the darn thing wanting to download on my ipod 4th generation. I would just like to get it off. I have read what is in the download and there is nothing in it I want! I just wish I could get the darn thing off of my ipod. I am hearing a lot of people don't like the new Phone 5. I am glad I don't have to deal with the phone too. Good luck to you. Sherry K

Feb 21, 2013 12:18 AM in response to Sherry K

I have had this same problem for the last two OS updates and it's beginning to irritate me. If I am dismissing a dialog box that is somehow telling it to download, then that box is worded very very poorly, because I would not have told it to download had I known it would. I only have 16GB to work with and it isn't even enough. Apple seriously needs to address this issue, just put an option in the updates section of settings. It can't be that hard.

How to enable/disable Automatic Downloads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.