Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting apps on ipad

I a a new user of Apple products and it looks like I have inadvertently downloaded apps that I don't know we're paid. How do I delete those? Also my understanding was that iTunes and the Apps Store offered free downloads but I don't see much of that stuff..if its true how does one look for these apps?

help please..

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 27, 2012 12:28 PM

2 replies

May 27, 2012 12:34 PM in response to Nair.parvathy

To delete an app, press and hold any of the apps and after a couple of seconds or so they should start to shake. Then press the 'x' in the left corner to delete the ones that you don't want, and when you've finished deleting press the home button so as to stop the shaking. You cannot delete any of the Apple built-in apps e.g. Music/iPod, App Store, Game Centre etc. If you don't get the 'x' on any of the apps that you've downloaded then check that Settings > General > Restrictions > Deleting Apps isn't set 'off'.

You should find more free items in the app store, there generally isn't much free music, films or tv shows (here in the UK most of the free TV shows are trailers/samples). For apps you may find it easier to search for free apps on your computer's iTunes - there you can pick an app category from the top of the store page, and then on the right-hand side there should be a 'Free Apps' section.

May 27, 2012 12:38 PM in response to Nair.parvathy

Before you delete the paid apps - understand that If you delete paid apps, it's not like you get your money back by deleting them from the iPad - in case you think that is how it works.

Once you download them, you have paid for them. The terms of the App Store state that all sales are final. It is very clear if an app is paid or free in the App Store, so just be more careful. If you want to try to get a refund, contact iTunes support.

Paid apps have a prices listed under them, free apps say free under the app icon. It really downs get any simpler than that. You can go the app store - tap on - Top Charts - and you will see a whole section of the top free apps that are available in the app store.

iTunes Support .....

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/

Deleting apps on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.