Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My contacts keep getting deleted and new ones appear. Also it seems as if someone is sending messages from my phone away from my phone.

Help

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 27, 2012 1:16 PM

4 replies

May 27, 2012 1:19 PM in response to Matt S.T.

No one is sending messages or email from your iPhone away from your iPhone.

If with an email account and the account is an IMAP account, your account may be hacked. Change the password for the email account.

Are you syncing contacts direct with a supported address book app on your computer, or are you syncing contacts over the air with an email account that supports it? If the latter and the same email account that may be hacked, changing the password for the account will resolve both.

My contacts keep getting deleted and new ones appear. Also it seems as if someone is sending messages from my phone away from my phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.